Friday, June 03, 2005

What I Did Over My Summer Vacation...

Well, I'm back and recovered from my trip to see Glamaw in Florida.

Mom&Jean2.jpg (83029 bytes)

The traveling part of the trip was horrible due to multiple gate changes and delays (2 hours) out of Houston. Then, more delays (2 1/2 hours) upon arriving back into Houston due to a terrible lightening storm which caused everything in the airport to shut down. We landed safely, but then had to wait the additional 2 hours for our luggage to be unloaded off the airplane. The upside of this was that I got a lot of sock knitting done while I waited. Seemed like I was about the only person in the entire airport who had something to keep them occupied... what is WRONG with these people??? If they would only learn to knit.... While I was in Florida, I managed to finish 2 socks (I know, I know, they don't match) and my first One Skein Wonder by Stefanie at Glampyre Knits.

Projects 012.jpg (292684 bytes)

Unfortunately, my gauge was off on the One Skein Wonder and it turned out too small, but I'm already nearly done with my second attempt. I'm thinking about frogging the ribbing on the first one and adding more rows to it which should make it fit -- that way I'll have TWO (one to keep and one to give away, of course!). The sock on the left is made from discontinued Patons Look-At-Me in Electric Blue and the sock on the right is made from Mountain Colors Barefoot. I can't even remember the colorway for the Mountain Colors sock but I think it's been discontinued as well. Finishing these two socks makes a total of 5 socks that I've made and none of them match. HOWEVER, I'm several inches into the mate for the Mountain Colors sock (thanks to the lightening storm) so I should have my first actual "pair" of socks soon! Glamaw really liked her partially finished NBaT and decided that she DID want the Coco Chanel logo on it after all. I'm taking a bit of a break from the NBaT though since I don't have to have it finished until she comes to visit in mid July. My goal is to make a couple One Skein Wonders as well as finish at least one UFO before I go back to Glamaw's NBaT. And if I manage to do that ahead of schedule, I'm seriously thinking about making something from my Loop-D-Loop book... I have another quiet weekend ahead of me, so hopefully much knitting will get accomplished!

Comments:
Hi Jeanie! Nice blog, nice knitting!! Thanks for your support and thanks for visiting my blog too! :)
I'll let you know when the MC arrives, I can't wait, it's one of my favorites!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?