Sunday, May 01, 2005

UFO List

Well, this is my first post in my new blog and since I have no idea what I'm doing, I'll be lucky to even have it show up on the page! My purpose in starting a blog is to (hopefully) motivate me to complete some of my (many) UFO's. Eventually, I plan on posting pics of each UFO and hopefully will have figured out how to include a progress chart for each one. Some of my UFO's include: Cast On's Pink Sweater. I've completed the entire back of this sweater with Plymouth's Fantasy Naturale in a beautiful sage green AND have nearly finished another back of the same sweater with TLC's Cotton Plus in hot pink (very similar to the pink in the photo). So in other words, I've got two backs of the same sweater with no fronts, sleeves, etc. I love this sweater though and plan to finish both of these UFO's. Other UFO's include two cable knit pull-overs (again both the same pattern) -- one made of Paton's Shetland Chunky in a nice dark taupe and the other in red Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky. Both of these sweaters are about 1/4 of the way done with the fronts. Another UFO is an apple green summer sweater made of Plymouth's Fantasy Naturale. If I remember correctly, the back is complete and the front is about 1/4 done. It has no sleeves, so hopefully I'll pull this UFO out and convert it to a FO soon. And socks... oh my gosh, socks. Well, I love making socks... it's just that I hate making the second sock of the same color so while I have several completed socks, I have no completed "pairs" of socks. My problem is that I'm so curious to see what a new yarn is going to look like when knitted up that I completely ignore the mate to the first sock and move on to something new and exciting. This is terrible and I'm really going to try to work on this UFO issue. Other UFO's include a knitted poncho made from a beautiful cream colored Plymouth Yukon yarn -- it's probably about halfway done, another pullover sweater which probably has about 1/4 of the back completed, and my most recent UFO is a NBaT sweater made out of light rose TLC Cotton Plus (I love this yarn, btw). So far, I'm doing pretty well on the NBaT and actually think I'll get this one finished. I was just about done with the back of it when I realized that the body of the sweater was really several inches longer than I thought it would be and since I really wasn't very pleased with the hem either, I just decided to start completely over. I'm now done with the (second) back and am about 3" done with the front. I am determined to finish this project if it kills me! Actually, so far it hasn't been too bad and I really hope to make a couple more of these for my mother and my daughter. Just not sure if that will happen before the other UFO's or after them... Now that I've confessed all (or at least most) of my UFO issues, I'm hoping that I'll be more motivated to complete some of them and post my successes here! Photos of each UFO will be added as soon as possible. Of course, there have been many FO's too and pics of those will be posted as well. Until then...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?