Thursday, May 19, 2005

Today's obsession...

... is freeform crochet. I've seen it numerous times before and in the past, I have to admit, it's never really done much for me. Until today. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because I've been crocheting for so long that the idea of doing something totally new with crochet seemed refreshing or maybe it's just because. Regardless, after spending some time on Prudence Mapstone's site and joining several freeform crochet Yahoo Groups, I decided to give it a whirl. I had an absolute blast! For crocheters who have never tried freeform crochet, it's like coloring outside of the lines. And the worse you crochet, the better the end result looks! It's quite liberating. Not only that, but you also get to use up tons of scrap yarn! I've decided that my first freeform crochet project is going to be an afghan for the kids' playroom with matching (well, as matching as freeform can be) pillows. I have no idea how long this new project will take me -- I worked a couple of hours on my first "scrumble" and it's about 12" X 12". I'll post pics tomorrow... Other than that, I'm still working on my mother's NBaT. I don't know if I'm so bored with it because it's my second NBaT, if it's because I'm having to make the largest size (mom's busty even after a reduction, unlike moi), or if it's because it's not for ME!!! Either way, it's taking me forever to get through this one. I'm just beginning the armholes of the back, and at this rate it'll be quite a while before it's finished. I really wanted to have almost all of it done before I leave to visit mom in Florida next Wednesday so that she could see it "almost done". The reason I don't want it completely finished before I leave is because I want her to tell me if she wants a design on the front or not and will finish it after she decides. And since it's a surprise I can't ask her in advance... Anyway, I should be able to get a lot done this weekend since the kids are with their dad and my husband is working all weekend. Ah... peace and quiet and knitting!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?